Thanks to your feedback, Two Bright Lights is now easier than ever for photographers and vendors to submit their work to nearly 500 magazines and blogs. Enhanced page designs, streamlined album and submission creation processes, and new features like an embedded video player help you to craft the best submission possible!
Don’t take our word for it, login and check it out today!
Here’s what’s new:
- Streamlined Process— An enhanced, visually inspiring layout with navigation bars guides you step-by-step through creating an album and then sending it out to editors of your choosing.
- Enhanced Album Details– We’ve simplified album categories, improved add vendor process, and spruced up searchable tags with an enhanced color palette to help you provide editors with the details they need to know.
- Enhanced Display– No more guessing with the new album layout, you see exactly what editors see!
- Added Video Feature– Upload a Vimeo link to include video captured from your event.
- Added Personalization– Write a short message to the editor, they’d love to know why you think your album would be a great fit for their publication.
Cover letters are now simply called Messages. Send a personal Message each time you submit an album to a publication. This can make all the difference when editors are reviewing submissions!You can still add all of the exciting, unique details from your client and the shoot to the Album Story. It will remain with your album, making it easy to submit and resubmit it to more than one publication.
What should I write in the Album Story?
Call attention to the unique and personal details featured in your photos. Give a little back story on the couple, family or model. What did you most enjoy about this shoot, or what inspired your aesthetic? If you have one, feel free to include a personal statement from the bride or groom here.
What’s that cute camera doing next to my business name?
While we know it’s an adorable placeholder, it’s there because you haven’t uploaded your headshot. Is your business profile missing other information? Click your name in the upper right corner and select My Account from the drop down menu. Click the first Edit button to make sure your contact info is up to date and upload your headshot here. Scroll down to Business Info to upload your logo, link to your Twitter, Facebook, or other social media accounts and provide any other business info you’d like. This all will help the editor to better promote you when you’re published!
What are tags? Can I edit them?
Tags are simply identifiers to help better describe your album at a glance to editors. You can always edit them by going to the album and clicking Tags. Make sure you’re in Edit mode by clicking the Edit Album button first!
What are editors looking for in submissions?
While you’re creating a submission, click our menu icon (three lines) to the right to read our Pro Tips, What Editors Want and Missing Albums info. Check out our blog post on submission guidelines by type of shoot for more detailed recommendations.